Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Big Steps

The last couple weeks Gwen has made some great progress with crawling and walking!! I'm so proud.  I was getting pretty worried about her not crawling for so long, but she has finally started to do it.  She still doesn't like it, and I still have to bribe her to do it, but at least she can do it.
My favorite is how she goes from sitting to her hands and knees.  She is so flexible that she just does the splits and rolls herself froward until she's on her belly and then she pushes up.  It's pretty funny, and impressive to watch.
Next big step?  She's taking some steps by herself.  She is getting ok at pulling her self up to her walker so she can push it around.  She'll take a few steps between Dan and I, and if she's feeling really ambitious, I can set her against the couch and she'll take a few steps to me.  It's really cute how proud she gets of herself.
She is still pretty tentative and unsure so she doesn't really like to do it on her own unless we semi force her to do it.  But she's learning, she's just taking her own sweet time and doing it on her terms.  She has also been such a snuggle bug lately.  She will just snuggle and give me loves all day.  I love it.  She is getting so big and smart, and it's hard to see her grow up, but so fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment