Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

11 Months

Today is Gwen's 11 month birthday.  I can't believe she's been with us for almost a year.  It seems like she was just born, but at the same time like she's always been with us.  
She has continued to be so fun this month and is learning and growing even more.  This month she has mastered:
*The word "light" I say, "Gwen, where's the light?" and she looks up, points and says, "a yite" It's very cute
*She can play peek-a-boo
*She still loves to stick out our tongue
*She's getting pretty close to crawling.  She does kind of an inch worm thing where she scoots along and half drags her head on the carpet.  It's pretty pathetic but I guess that's what you do when your head makes up half your body weight.  She is starting to get up on her hands and knees and kind of rock, but usually she just does the inch worm or army crawls.
*She is constantly jabbering trying to sound out words and talk to us
*She sometimes says "thank you"  It sounds like doo doo, but with the same intonations that I use.
*She's very into sharing toys and food
* She can half way blow kisses.  She gets her hand up to her mouth and makes the kissing sound, but forgets to give the kiss away.
*She has 4 teeth, and one coming through and she's started to bite me, little stinker.
*She still loves balls and is LOVING her teddy bear.  We walk into her room in the morning and she always has her teddy up by her and she's just chatting away with it.  Its so cute.
*She still prefers to walk holding our hands or pushing her walker.
We are loving watching her grow and learn.  She is so sassy and is getting so stubborn.  I'm afraid she gets that from me.  I wish she didn't.  She is so hard to help because she wants to do everything herself. I'm afraid we have Carlie Junior on our hands, and folks, I'm going to have a run for my money with this little spit fire. But, I guess in this world a girl's gotta have some attitude, and at least she'll be able to stand up for herself.  She will be heard.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HER! Are you guys coming over tomorrow? cuz you should keep her awake till you get here :-)

    ReplyDelete