Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Springtime Fun

Well, it's finally here!  Warm weather!  We have been waiting for these days all year long, and now that they are finally here we cannot get enough of them.  Here's what's been going on in our lives.  We switched Gwen to a forward facing car seat, and our lives are so much better now!  She was starting to get really fussy in the car and her old carseat was getting a little squishy.  We switched it out for this forward facing one, and she is a happy camper.  She loves looking out the window and reading books in her seat.  Whenever she sees an animal outside the car, she says, "puppy, woof"  It's cute.  Since it's been pretty warm outside, I've been taking her to the park by our house often.  She loves to go for walks on the Jordan River Trail and play at the park they have there.  She loves to swing, and go down the slides.  Whenever she sees a slide, she says, "WEEE!" And, of course, Dan thought it was so cute that he couldn't restrain from buying her a slide to have at our house so he could hear her say it over an over again without ever leaving home. :)
Gwen doesn't really love the grass yet, but I've been trying to warm her up to it.  She does pretty good when I am throwing it in the air and she can watch it fall.  She thinks it's a fun game.
This girl gets into everything.  Anytime I have the fridge open, she runs over and starts pulling things out.  Her favorite thing, is the Hershey's syrup.  Of course.  She is getting to be really playful and loves to do whatever I am doing.  She loves to make messes, and follow me all around the house.  She is at such a fun age right now.
My sister and her husband went out of town the weekend of mothers day so I watched her boys for the day.  We went to the park and the two babies played together really well.  They are so sweet together.  Gwen just calls after Leo where ever he is and Leo just kind of ignores her.  I have a feeling he's going to need to know how to  ignore her bossing him around for the next 10 years. :)
Mother's day weekend we headed to Salem Pond with my mom and dad and 2 nephews.  We used to go all the time when I was a kid, but I haven't been in quite a few years.  It was so much fun.  Gwen loved feeding the ducks, walking around the grass and going for a bike ride.  I wish that park wasn't so far away, it is a beautiful place.
 We are loving the warm weather and being able to get out of the house and have somewhere to go.  It was a long, lonely winter and I am ready for the sunshine, swim pools, and time out of the house, and I'm sure Gwen is ready to run anywhere that isn't our small family room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment