Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Sunday, September 2, 2012

G’s Room Remodel

I’ve been really wanting to redo Gwen’s room since we moved in.  I didn’t take any photos of it before, but to give you an idea, it was brown, and one wall was this really hideous shade of pink.  It was super dark and just looked kind of dingy.  It finally got the best of me, and I decided it was time to remodel.  We needed a closet organizer pretty bad, and I just wanted to buy one because I thought it would be faster, but my handy man husband would not have it.  I think he was actually offended that I suggested we buy one instead of having him build it out.  So, off we went to Home Depot.  We got all the supplies for 24 buckaroos.  And we went to work.  He built the little cubby’s for her drawers, and put in an extra shelf with rod for hanging.  If you remember from last year when we were in our tiny apartment and didn’t have a closet for her, we were using an old cabinet that we refurbished to be the closet, we decided to move it out to open up some space in her room, and we needed some cubbies for her clothes like what was in the closet we built.  This was the first time we have actually used the closet in her room.  Then, we painted like crazy, put some shelves up, (of course that Dan built) and bought a chandelier.  It turned out to be SO cute, and now I love going in there.  It brightened it up so much, and also opened it up.  Also, I stenceled a little quote on the wall, letter by letter, and it took forever, I love how it turned out.  Here are some photos, see for yourself.
g's room
We also reupholstered her rocking chair.  Also, didn’t take any photos of before, but it looks great, and matches the room so well.  We used some old curtains that we had, so it was practically free. IMG_9224I am so happy it’s done. It was a bigger project than I imagined, but it always is, isn’t it?  Oh well.  It’s done, it’s amazing, and I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. It all turned out soooo cute! I love the different color walls with the stripe going across it! And the chair looks great! (my "wanna be" reupholster'er inside is jealous of your handy work) I love the colors you chose! My favorite thing is happy colors :-)

    ReplyDelete