Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lovin’ Life

Sometimes, being a mom is really hard, and I get lonely and stuck in a mindset of “I’m not doing anything to contribute financially to the family/to society” But really, even though it is hard and I do get lonely, being a mom is the greatest blessing, and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be able to stay home with my sweet baby.  She really is such a good girl, and I really couldn’t ask for a better baby.  She brings such joy to my life, and I am so glad that I get to spend all day, every day with her.  I wouldn’t trade it if I had a choice. Plus, what a better way to contribute to society than to raise good, healthy, upstanding citizens? :) I really do love that Gwen is in my life, and that we get to spend so much time together.

So, here’s what we’ve been doing lately.
Hanging out at the pool.  G loves her little floaty, and she just lounges about as we swim her around.  She is a little hesitant when we get in, but once she gets used to it, we have a pretty good time.
swimmin
Eating her first bites of FOOD!  We made some good ol’ rice cereal, and after I told Dan that she’s just a baby and can’t handle a heaping spoonful, but just little bites, she did really great! She would just mush it around in her mouth, and then swallow. I think she really liked it.  I’ve given her bananas and apple sauce since, but I’m still a little hesitant to introduce food. I just feel like it will make her grow up to fast, and I love the snuggle time we get when I feed her.
food
She has been such a happy girl.  Smiling every time anyone even looks her way.  She loves talking and getting smiled at.  And she just started sitting on our hips when we hold her, and she always puts her arm down and turns her head to the side like she’s posing. It’s absolutely adorable.
posin
And lastly, we’ve just been hanging out, playing with grandmas, grandpa, and snuggling with dad.
love
We are loving summer, and it’s crazy that it’s already August.  I can’t believe how fast this year is flying by, doesn’t it always seem like when you want the time to pass by slow, it goes by fast, and when you want it to go by fast it goes SO slow?  I hate it…but I’m loving every minute with my sweetie.

3 comments:

  1. Car...one thing I so love about when you post is that you put so many photos up. Like when you said she turns to the side and 'poses' -- and then you actually put a photo of that up? That was the best cus then I could 'see' it and I totally laughed. I keep looking to see you in her face cus how crazy is it that you MADE her?! I just can't get past how amazing that is. And I'm excited to have that too some day.
    I hear your 'thoughts/worries' about "am I even doing anything as a mom?" cus I know you and you are always busy. but yeah, you are. raising a little human being is pretty awesome. And I'm loving the feeding photos cus I'm in a pediatric feeding and swallowing class right now so find it all nerdily-cool.
    loves. (sorry so long haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love the pictures of Gwen on Danny's hip! hahaha she is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I love her little pose haha. This makes me so excited to have a girl!

    ReplyDelete