Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Carlie Time

So, this weekend Dan had a little sleepover with a few of his nephews. They have been asking him to do this for a few months now, and finally, Friday worked out for all their schedules. Let me make this as clear to you as it was made to me: BOYS ONLY. NO GIRLS ALLOWED, except of course, Chloe. She gets the best of both worlds. Now, I can't say I was too distraught to not be invited to this little slumber party of Nintendo, "boy movies" and junk food because it left me with an evening ALL TO MY SELF – some quality "Carlie Time" if you will. Since Dan stopped working Saturdays, "my time" has diminished greatly, which I am not totally sad to lose, but it was nice to have an afternoon to myself, to do whatever I wanted, to clean the house the way I like it clean, to paint my toe nails, to go to lunch with the girls, to stay in bed all morning and read or surf the net. I rather enjoy spending time now and again with myself, so needless to say I was quite excited to have this night.
I started my night by relaxing in the sun, that is, since there is no sun right now, and especially not at 5:30, at Beaches tanning salon. I love doing this. Now, don't go and get all, "but it gives you cancer" on me. I am fully aware of the risks, and frankly, I don't care. It makes me feel warm and happy. I can take a nap and actually feel like I am in the warm sun on the beach somewhere. It's worth it to me (right now at least). After getting all warm, I went and got my nails done. Apparently, nail salons now offer what is called shellac nails. They are not acrylic, but they last for 2-3 weeks before chipping off. They use UV light and this special type of polish to make it work. And, they only cost 15 bucks. A decent deal if you ask me. Then, I headed to the gym…because I love it. Plus, what a great way to see if these nails can really hold up…and they do. I was there for a while, because I could be. No one was rushing me, and I didn't have to worry about being late for work. I ran 5 miles, did some weights, and stretched out. Felt nice and sore by the time I left. Then I came home and hopped right into a nice hot bubble bath. While I was there, I thought I would work on one of my resolutions for this year, and did some continuing education for my CHES certification. After about an hour, I decided that my skin was probably going to fall off any second so I got out and turned on the sappiest of chick flicks: The Notebook. After it was over, I went to bed, and wait for it….wait for it….slept right smack dab in the middle, all sprawled out and everything. Talk about heaven. It was quite an enjoyable night, and I am fondly looking forward to the next nephew sleepover.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh everything about that day sounds perfect!! I am jealous!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous! Tell Danny that he has a few nephews here that need a sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like heaven! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves a little 'artificial sun' every once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete