Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Sunday, October 21, 2012

Birthday Boy

My love turned 28 on October 19th.  He took the day off work, so we got to spend the whole day together.  It was so fun to just have some extra time together.  My sister-in-law Darby watched Gwen for us so we could go on a little lunch date, and it was wonderful.  Dan chose Wingers, and we had all you can eat wings & fries.  And since it was his birthday, they threw in some asphalt pie for free.  I think we waddled out of there cause we were so full.  After lunch, to aid in some digestion, we went to the new Sheels store to see what the hype is all about.  It was huge, and pretty cool, but I don’t know why it’s SO crowded all the time.  Gwen loved helping Dan open his presents and thought the boxes and tissue paper were pretty cool toys.
birthday 1

Later that night, we had some family and friends over for cake and ice cream.  Dan isn’t really a cake fan, in the traditional sense, so every year when I make him a cake, I feel guilty, because I know he doesn’t really like it and it’s more for everyone else, when it should just be for him.  So this year I branched out.  I bought a bundt cake pan and made him a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing.  I won’t lie, I was pretty proud of myself.  I am not a great baker.  My cookies always turn out flat, and slightly crunchy, my cakes aren’t that impressive, even from a box, but this time, everything turned out perfect and I was so happy!!  birthday 2It was a fun day, and I am so glad that we got to celebrate the most wonderful man in the world together.

No comments:

Post a Comment