Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

8 Months!

Well, another month has come and gone, and G is now 8 months old.  Where does the time go?
8 monthsGwen has been such a joy to have in our home.  She brings such a fun happy spirit, and can always make us smile.  She is learning and growing like crazy, and I swear she gets bigger every day.  It’s breaking my heart.  I love watching her grow, but I hate that the time is going by so quickly.
Here is the list of things Gwen is doing/loves at 8 months old:
*Eating.  I think this is her favorite past time.  She would probably eat all day long if I’d let her.  I think we may have a compulsive eater on our hands.  Her favorite food is spaghetti.  She even knows how to slurp the noodles.  Lock the cupboards!!
*Her exersaucer
*Sitting up playing with toys
*Being held.  She loves to be close to us all the time.
*Snuggling in bed with us on the weekends
*Jabbering and squealing.  She is such a chatterbox!  All day long she’s chatting me up trying to tell me some big story, and it is adorable.  She looks so intently at me and will just jabber away.
*Smacking her lips.  Whenever she sees anyone eating anything, she looks at me and starts smacking her lips.  I’m pretty sure it’s her way of telling me that it’s not appropriate to eat and not share.  If I don’t respond quickly, you can bet she’ll start screaming.  This girl loves her food!!
*We finally put the swing and bouncer away.  She was just getting too big.  She’d try to sit up in both of them, and would nearly tumble out.
*She loves to sit on the counter in her bumbo while we are making dinner.  She will just chat with us, and eat her snacks while we are cooking.
*She’s started cackling.  It’s hilarious.  She sounds like a little witch.  It’s her laugh, and also her fake laugh, so sometimes it’s hard to tell if she is really laughing, or just being courteous.  It’s just about the funniest sound you’ve ever heard.
*She’s still just our tiny girl.  She only weighs 14 pounds, but she sure is chubby!  She’s got rolls and cheeks galore!
8 months 2Oh…I died my hair brown, and isn’t that little ruffle bum the CUTEST!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment