Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 months & Father’s Day

On Saturday, June 16th, little Gwennie Bear turned 4 months old.  I seriously do not know where the time has gone.  It feels like she was just born, and also like she’s always been with us.  She is so cute and so fun to have in our family.4 monthsAt 4 months, little G loves to:
Smile
Talk
Kick her legs
Get kisses
Play with her gym and grab the toys…especially the monkey
Put EVERYTHING she gets in her hands into her mouth
Suck on her fists
Snuggle…especially with her dad
And, she still loves her swing and bouncy chair.
She is starting to warm up to the bumbo.  She likes to sit in it for a few minutes while I’m doing the dishes, or making dinner, but she won’t sit in there for very long.
She is so close to rolling over.  She gets half way and then gets stuck.  She can’t quite figure out how to get her arm out of the way so she can finish the task, but I think in a couple days, she will have it down.
Just today she started transitioning from her fists to just her thumb, and it’s practically the cutest thing ever.
IMG_8149It is amazing how fast she is growing and developing.  Just a few months ago, she couldn’t even hold her head up on her own, and now she’s almost rolling, and interacting with us.  It is really amazing.
We had a really nice Father’s Day.  We were able to spend it together, and with both of our dads.  I am so grateful for my dad.  He was always a voice of reason.  Growing up, he was always calm, and rarely lost his temper.  I remember quite a few conversations we had where he helped me through a struggle just by his spirit and a few words.  I am so grateful that I have a righteous dad who respected me, and taught me to respect myself.  I am so glad that Dan is the father of my child, and that he loves her and respects her.  I am so excited to see what he teaches her.  She is one lucky girl.fathers day
“Gwen” wrote Dan a poem for Father’s day, and I’m really proud of it…so I’m going to share it.
I miss you when we’re not together,
my hands want yours to clasp;
these tiny little hands of mine
are getting bigger, fast.
So I want you to remember
in the years so sure ahead
how my hands grasped yours
and held on tight each night you put me to bed.
Look at the handprint
when you're sad that I’ll get tall,
and memories will come back of me
when I was very small.
This is the hand
you’ll always hold,
but this is what it looked like
when I was only 4 months old.
Then there was a little blue paint handprint at the bottom.

Well, that’s about it.  Is anyone out there reading this?  I haven’t been seeing too many comments, which is fine since this is my journal, but I’m just curious.  Hope ya’ll had a good Father’s Day.  Until next time…adios

3 comments:

  1. i love that poem! nice work gwen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! I love that she sucks her thumb. Ohh I need to come see her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here babe. Even if our friendship has succumbed to blog-friendship... for this phase I guess that's ok. I'm mean, its not like you're busy being a mom and I'm in grad school across the country or anything~

    Your poem was so sweet. I hope he cried haha. Happy times Car. She's got her parents faces in her

    ReplyDelete