Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Sunday, March 6, 2011

His Love

Lately I have been feeling frustrated. Frustrated that life doesn’t always go my way, frustrated that I feel like I am trying to do what’s right and failing. Frustrated that I feel I am not receiving answers to my prayers. Frustrated that I can’t do or be everything. But as I look back, I realize that I have had a very spiritual 6 months. I have witnessed the Lord’s hand in my life. I have felt the spirit touch my heart and lift me up when I couldn’t stand on my own. I have received answers, though they may not be to the questions I am pondering now. Answers to prayers pleading assistance and assurance have come.
Often times I do not understand why we are required to go through some trials. I know we need to learn and grow in ways that the Lord sees fit, but sometimes some things still don’t click. I know the lord has a plan for me – but sometimes I feel like He is obstructing the path as much as He is clearing it. However this week I have felt such a strong spirit. I have truly been blessed, and although I have not received the exact answers I am looking for, I have truly been comforted and at peace amidst my questions.
A lot of times I get caught up in the little things. I get caught in the trap of “someday I’ll have more time to…” fill in the blank with any of the following: actually study my scriptures, pray with more intent, serve others, be a better visiting teacher, sign up for things in the relief society, really focus on making the sabbath day holy, etc. Every time I think any of these things I am reminded of a phrase President Monson said long ago in conference when I was a teenager. He said, “Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today.” Those words have always stayed with me, though often times I do not heed the counsel. Yet I am still blessed.
Recently I have felt an abundance of my Savior’s love. Although I may not understand why or how I am supposed to go through these trials, I know that through it all I can turn to Him, and place those burdens on His shoulders, and He WILL share the load with me. I am grateful to know that I am not required to be perfect. My Savior has and will bridge the gap between who I am now and who I want to be if I can turn to Him. Words cannot adequately express the gratitude I have for the knowledge and blessing of this gospel. I am so grateful for the comfort I have received throughout my life, and especially recently. I have truly learned to rely on these words, “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.”
This Song, His Love, by Jake Rau , is a beautiful tribute to the Savior. Just wanted to share it with you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Car. Wish I would have seen that yesterday. Would have been a sweet sunday thing. Love you. Hang in there...I know you are. Sometimes it just really helps to write it all out and 'vent' a little to friends ya know!
    See ya soon~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlie, this was exactly what I needed to hear. I was just sitting here reading your post and watching the video and totally crying :) Matt looked over and asked if I was okay. Haha Thank you for sharing the quote by President Monson. This is just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not know exactly everything that is going on with you two (I am here if you need to share or vent) but know that we love you. Matt and I have asked ourselves that same thing many times. Life never works the way that we planned. We are about 7 years behind where we wanted to be right now, but things work out the way they do. Unfortunately for us it takes a lot of time and faith to figure out why. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs. You are an inspiration to me. What an awesome daughter.

    ReplyDelete