Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Saturday, November 27, 2010

T-giving

I have officially decided that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Only a 3 day work week, tons of food, family, free time, and a chance to reflect on what I am truly grateful for. I have loved the break from the craziness of life and have enjoyed spending some quality time with my guy. Sadly, we did not take many pictures this weekend, but here's how it went down:
This month at work the me and the girls hosted a food drive. I had recently been made aware of a family with 2 kids who were barley surviving on only their food storage. The mom had recently lost her job and money was tight. We decided that we would anonymously donate the food to this family. Not only did we manage to get a ton of food, but we were also able to gather a whole Thanksgiving Feast for them. We dropped the food off on Wednesday, right in time for Thanksgiving.
We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Dan's house, with 5 of his sibling and all their kids. It was quite a crowd. We went around the table and all said something we were thankful for. Some of my favorites were: pirate ships, food, cousins and snow. We ate tons of food and, of course, pie. We practically lived in our bed. There wasn't a single morning when we got up before 10. It was sooo nice.
We semi black Friday shopped. No we did not get up at 3 am, or go crazy, but we have been wanting an SLR camera for quite some time now and found a steal of a deal on one, so we went to the store on black Friday...at around noon and got it for ourselves for Christmas.
We saw Tangled. Ok guys, seriously. Cutest movie I've seen since Enchanted. Loved it. Will definitely be purchasing it when it comes out. It was great, and Dan agreed.
Did NOT watch B.Y.ZOO lose to the U...but heard all about it from an enraged husband. Blah, football's boring. Instead my sister and I went shopping. Found a great buy one get one shoe sale....because I NEED shoes. Ha. The more truly amazing part? I only bought one pair, and liked about 5. I'm making progress. Shoes are my one true vice.
Overall, great weekend. Sad to be going back to life in a couple days We should have at least one of these weekends every month, just for sanity's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment