Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Friday, January 31, 2014

January

Here's what our January looked like.  
We took the train a few times up to Discovery Gateway.  Gwen LOVES the train ride almost as much as she loves the museum.  Gwen loves to play with her babies, and all stuffed animals.  She is frequently getting out pots and pans to make little beds for them.  After they are all tucked in bed, she sings them her favorite lullabies, and it's really adorable.  I have to be careful though, because if I look at her while she's singing, she stops. She loves playing dress up with my scarves, and has been begging to paint her finger nails, so we finally did it.  Dan loves to do all kinds of things I don't normally do with Gwen because they make a mess.  But, he gets out blankets, and tents and makes forts and builds things for her, and she loves it.  Then, they'll just hang out in there reading or singing, or talking.  It's really pretty adorable, and a great way for little miss to spend some one on one time with her dad.
She turned 23 months on January 16.  I seriously can't believe she's almost 2!  Where does the time go?
 Here we are again at Discovery Gateway, with Leo and Jack.  That is the best way to do the museum.  With cousins to entertain and play with. :)
*She loves to help do whatever we are doing, and has to be in on all the action. So whenever I'm cooking anything, she's right there on a chair, stool, or sitting on the counter helping me dump, mix or cut whatever it is I am doing.  This particular morning, it was crepes, and she LOVED them after we finished.
On January 18th, my dad celebrated his 59th birthday.  UH OH!  Only one more year in the 50s and then he'll be an old man. ;)  We had a yummy dinner and delicious cake, and I think "grandpapa" is Gwen's favorite person.
 Near the end of January, we went to the Gale Center in South Jordan.  It was pretty cool.  They have a little mock grocery store, a little kitchen play area, a school area, and some other fun things, and it's nice cause it's close, and it's free.  Double bonus.
*I've been taking Gwen to Airborne on Thursday nights when we need to get out of the house while Dan is at school.  She didn't really like it at first, but now she's getting pretty skilled at jumping and running from tramp to tramp.  I think she really enjoys it now.
This winter has definitely not been as bad as last winter when I felt like I couldn't really do anything or go anywhere because she wasn't old enough to do anything.  We've been getting out a lot this winter and it's really helped both of us stay sane but we are looking forward to spring when we can play outside and go to the park again.

3 comments:

  1. I love to see all Gwen's many adventures. The crepe pics were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh--and the one of her and Dan in the tent. So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty darn CUTE! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete