Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 months

Oh my stars.  Where does the time go?  It feels like just yesterday I was holding my little G for the first time, and now she is 5 months old.  I can’t believe it.  She is getting to be so much fun, and is definitely showing us her little personality.  We love it.  Dan thinks she’s going to be sassy, and says we deserve each other…he says it’s about time I get a taste of my own medicine.  :)  I think she is mostly sweet, with a little bit of spice.  She is so funny, and makes me laugh every day.  I just love being her mom.  Here is the little angel.  5 whole months old.  I just can’t believe it.

5 monthsAnd, as per my usual, here is a little list of things she loves to do at 5 months:
Be held
Smile
Reach for everything
Put everything in her mouth
Suck her thumb – we recently stopped swaddling her because she’d wake up and want to suck her thumb, but couldn’t, so she’d cry. Now that she can find it, she is back to sleeping like a champ – 12 hours at night, and 3 naps.
Take baths
Pet Chole.  Every time she sees her she gets a huge grin on her face
Play with her toes
Play with her toys under her gym
Swing & bounce
Suck through the straw on the waterbottle
Sit in her bumbo and play with toys
Stand up
5 months 2She still isn’t rolling over.  She gets half way there but can’t figure out how to get that stilly arm out of her way, then she just gets bored of trying, so she lays her head down and sucks her thumb.  It’s pretty cute.  We are just loving her, loving having her in our family and feel like the luckiest people in the world that we get to have her forever.  She’s staying small, but chubby – at her 4 month check up, she weighed 11 lbs, (14th percentile) and was 27 inches long (29th percentile).  She still fits into quite a few of her newborn clothes, and the white onsie she is wearing in her 5 month pictures is the same one she wore in her 1 month picture. :)  I love that she’s staying small.  I hate watching her grow up.  Pretty soon she won’t be my tiny baby anymore, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.  And in other good news, I am back down to my pre pregnancy weight.  YAY!!! It’s been a long road with tough workouts, but I am proud of myself, and I’m sticking with it. 

1 comment:

  1. you guys are coming over tomorrow night right?!! I need to kiss on those cheeks a little!!
    and WAY TO GO on the prepregnancy weight! IT IS a hard road... nice job!

    ReplyDelete