Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother’s Day

I was so excited to be able to celebrate Mother’s Day this year.  It’s been such a fun/hard/crazy/emotional adjustment, but I really do love being a mom.  I am also grateful for my mom, who’s always been there for me and who I know is willing to do just about everything for me.  In fact, until about a year ago, she’d call and make doctors appointments for me, and still offers to this day.  That’s what I love about her.  She doesn’t forget the small things.  I hope to be a mom who loves and fights for her kids like my mom does.  Also, she’s an awesome grandma.  I never really had grandparents growing up, and it always devastated me.  My mom’s dad and my dad’s dad died before I was born, and my mom’s mom died when I was only 4.  My dad’s mom died just a couple years ago, but she lived kind of far away for most of my life so we didn’t get to see her that often, and I was at the tail end of the grandkids, so I didn’t get to spend as much time playing with her as my older sibling did.  However, we had a very special bond, and when I got older I had a great relationship with my grandma.  But, the point is that my mom is young, and she plays with the kids, and does special things for them, so it’s so fun for me to watch that relationship that I never really had as a child, but always wanted so badly. 
I got really sick on Saturday night with a bad cold.  So I was kind of out of commission for Mother’s day.  So, Dan took Gwen to church and let me sleep.  Then when he came home we went to dinner at my parents house, and then went to his parent’s house for dessert.  We headed home rather early because I just wasn’t feeling well.  Luckily it has been pretty short, and I’m starting to feel better now, but it hasn’t been fun.  And, as a result, these are the only photos I got on Mother’s Day.  I’m just glad I remembered to take any photos at all!mothers day

No comments:

Post a Comment