Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Monday, April 2, 2012

A few new things

First of all, this little baby girl turned 1 month old on March 16. I know I’m a little late in posting, since now she’s almost 2 months.  Where does the time go?
 IMG_7006IMG_7009
Here are a few cute pics of her since she was born.

6

7

5

4
1This photo is so funny to me.  We swaddle Gwen to put her to bed because she always wakes herself up either by touching her face, or flailing her arms everywhere.  She has become a mastermind in escaping, but this time, Dan wrapped her up too tight.  She somehow will wiggle her arms out of their sleeves and then her pjs will be down to her waist, like so, and when we go to get her we find her arms out and up above her head.  This night, she was not so lucky.  She got so close to wiggling out, but didn’t quite make it before she fell asleep.  I just had to take a photo.  She is so precious…and I love her sassy, stubborn personality.3I saw this on pinterest, and thought it was such a cute idea.  I wanted to capture how tiny everything is when they are newborns.  I just love how perfectly tiny and formed everything is.  So much detail.  It is amazing to me that my body is capable of creating another life, and how perfect and intricate that life is.2 I am loving my baby so much.  Some days it is all I can do to pull myself away from snuggling her and get dressed.  She is such a sweetheart and I am amazed every day at how much I love her.  I wasn’t sure that 9 months of torture would be worth it, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.  She is my whole world now.  Being a mom is the greatest thing.  But it is so hard watching her get bigger.  I just want her to stay my tiny baby forever.

Also, I forgot to mention, we are real adults.  We have a baby, and WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!  We moved in March 3.  It’s in Draper, right behind Ikea.  We are loving it.  Our neighbors are nice, and Dan is so much closer to work.  It cut his commute in half.  Having our own place has been so fun!  Here is a pic of our house, and here is a pic of moving.  Gwen and the million boxes.  It was a stressful couple weeks.  A brand new baby, and moving.  I wouldn’t really recommend it.

IMG_7218

IMG_6689

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's two months already--that went by fast! I love the picture of her and Dan sleeping together--so precious. Yay on the house! I LOVE owning our home, it makes all the difference. Your home is beautiful. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Car...think you guys are first time parents?! There were only about a million-can't-get-enough photos of this precious little thing. Thank you for capturing her every angle, as this is the only way I'm ganna know her for a while. (I hate that). You sound soooo good and happy and at peace. as you should. And a HOUSE?!?! Car that's huge and so great! You are a legit adult. stop it. you're leaving me behind~ jk. lots of love

    ReplyDelete