Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Thursday, March 8, 2012

I’m a little behind.

So, needless to say I am a little behind in my blogging, but that last month of pregnancy was rough, and I didn’t have much motivation.  But let me catch you up on what’s been happening.  First of all, let me tell you that I am no longer pregnant!! It’s practically the best feeling in the world, besides of course, that my belly feels like jelly.  But I will do a separate post on my little angel.  Let me just catch up on all the events leading up to the grand event.

I had a few baby showers, and it was so fun!  While my sister was here over the holidays she and my other sister and mom threw me a shower with my extended family and neighbors.  I got a ton of stuff, and I am so grateful for everyone who came and got me practically everything on my registry.  The theme was “Carlie is about to POP” and they naturally went crazy with the food.  We had “pop”corn, cake “pops”, snap crackle, and “pop” rice crispies, soda “pop”, amazing spinach dip that some how related to the pop theme, but I can’t remember how. :)  Then we had a “pop” quiz, and at the end everyone got to pop a balloon and get a prize.  It was so much fun!!
  baby shower1
baby shower2
baby shower3
baby shower4
My sister Natalie is pregnant, and due on April 1st,(we got to be prego together for most of our pregnancies, it was nice to have someone to sympathize with) so that picture in the top left is me and her, and my sister Tara, who as you can tell, is ecstatic NOT to be pregnant.  And let’s be honest, she’s got every right!

Next up, my dear friend Michelle threw me another shower with my friends.  It was so much fun, and I got so many cute outfits!  I can’t wait until my little peanut can wear them all.  Well, actually I can, because that means she is getting bigger, and I am already having anxiety about that, but there is more to come on that matter later.  We had so much amazing gormet food, and she even made homemade macaroons.  They were melt in your mouth delish.
baby shower michelleI was pretty bad at taking photos, so here are the few that I do have, and I didn’t even take any of them.  Thanks Michelle for taking photos and throwing me this amazing shower!!
baby shower michelle2
Also, you are welcome to all who stood next to me to take a photo.  I made you look super skinny with my gigantic-ness.

Lastly, Danny’s sisters and my sisters-in-laws threw me a shower.  I realized after the shower that I had not even taken one photo…so I grabbed one on my way out with the balloons.  It was a brunch shower and once again, there was amazing food. I got a lot of cute outfits, toys, blankets and everything else you need when you have a baby.
babyand when I got home, I found out that Chloe knows how to jump in the baby’s crib.  Oh great.  Luckily I think she forgot she knew how cause she hasn’t done it since. 

Next up:  LABOR & DELIVERY!!  Stay tuned peeps.

1 comment:

  1. i was going to leave a comment about the baby showers but then I caught a glimpse of the crib bedding in that chloe picture and all i can think about is being excited to see the whole nursery... which you better include in your next post! that fabric is so cute!

    ReplyDelete