Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Law Day run & Random

We had a nice weekend.  On Friday we went out to dinner, and came home and spent some time outside in the sunshine.  I was having a little bit of an emotional breakdown, not wanting to leave our little house and huge yard, which we have put so much time into fixing up.  But it was good to spend some time outside, enjoying the nice weather, since winter has been taking place for about a year now.  Chloe was loving being outside playing fetch with Dan, and running and jumping around.  
chloechloe2IMG_1268
*Notice:  we are making the same face…and it wasn’t even planned. :)
I think we found a place in AF to live, but we are really sad to leave our house.  It really feels like home to us now. 
house
  On Saturday we participated in our 1st real race.  Every year The Utah Bar Association puts on a 5K called The Law Day Run.  The money earned is used to provide free or discounted legal services for people in Utah who can’t afford it.  Danny’s dad’s firm sponsored us and we had a blast.  Danny insisted that he bring Chloe to participate and so he stayed behind with her, sometimes having to carry her because she would get too tired.  5 kilometers is pretty far for those tiny little legs.  He and Chloe finished right around 35 minutes, and I came in around 25 minutes.  I’m really glad we did it.  It was hard, a lot uphill, but knowing that every hill I went up I would eventually get to go down made it bearable.
race1race2
The runners, Dan, Chloe, Me, Tony (Dan's Dad)
Now if we could only have a continuous weekend.  I totally have the Sunday blues.                
IMG_1278

5 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous Carlina! I covet it. I like your and your dogs matching faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sad for you to leave your house too :-( im excited to hear about your walk through in the AF apartment though!
    and 25 minutes is a great time on a 5k!! ive been trying to run more lately and a 10 min mile is pretty hard for me :-/ so im impressed :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll most especially miss the blue toilet...unless the new house has like a purple one or something. Then it's ok.
    Congrats on the run. Way to start a tradition. And that sky??? Soooo Ghana

    ReplyDelete
  4. i swear every picture of you gets more and more beautiful! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your race! Good job! I'm sad that you have to leave your cute house. Move to CO. :)

    ReplyDelete