Right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Conference

Today was the last day at the conference. We presented our material, and I think we did very well. It was a bit intimidating to present in English when the people only spoke Spanish. I was always wondering if the translation was coming across how I wanted it too. In the last 2 days we presented 3 times. Our topics were, Illiteracy, HIV/AIDS, and Social Change. I think they all really applied to what the people were going through, as they all seemed quite interested.After the conference, we hit up the market across the street for a little shopping. It was fun. Hard because I can only make out about 1/4 of what they are saying to me, but so far so good. We all went out tonight as a group to celebrate my birthday, and another girl's birthday. It was really fun. We went to this place called "The Inka Wall" it actually had part of the real Inkan wall from way back when. It was pretty cool. They had traditional music and dancing which was fun. They even sang to me!!
Then, they invited a few people from our group to go up and dance with them, and I naturally got chosen. It was fun, but I have to admit that I felt like a fool. I was just trying to mimik the one I was dancing with, but I am sure did not do a great job at it.Tomorrow we are going sight seeing. It should be very cool, and then the next day will be the Sacred Valley. I think it should be very neat. I am excited.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the Incan Wall. So now you've gone and turned into a wild crazy Peruvian Dancer? Hope you had a great Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chica! Looks like you had a good time! ;)

    ReplyDelete